Monday, February 1, 2010

Week 5

When we were in Valparaiso Chile, a ship friend of mine who was home on holiday came to the ship and then brought me to the area where she lives which is called Vina del Mar. It’s a beautiful seaside resort area.



Another stop in Chile was Puerto Montt. Here I took a tour out into the countryside that had beautiful mountains, lakes and waterfalls. There was a catamaran ride in a river area that reminded me very much of northern Minnesota’s Boundary Waters, with the exception of snow capped mountains in the area.

Our formal nights on the ship are only one per week but there are plenty of other activities going on . There is a show each evening and a movie which I sometimes attend if my work is caught up. Oftentimes there are cocktail parties for various reasons. As I have met many people on board, sometimes I am invited to dine with them in our main dining room. It can be a very active social life and some nights, like tonight, I am just staying “home” in my cabin to work on my blog! Last night we had 30 ft waves and I although I don’t get seasick, I didn’t sleep well so will catch up on that tonight.

Here I am in my cabin. I have my own room, on deck 1 on the ship. But deck 1 is not the bottom, it is the bottom deck above the water line. There are 3 decks under mine where most crew have their cabins, crew messes, crew offices, storage rooms, print shop, refrigerators, crew bars, engine rooms, and much much more.



We then visited Isla Robinson Crusoe – the island that the book was written about. A man actually lived there in caves such as the one shown for four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment